When you need trustworthy legal guidance,
turn to Texas native Gary Bennett.
Gary B. Bennett is an honors graduate of Austin College. He obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from the University of Texas Law School in Austin, TX in 1980. He is also a graduate of the National Judicial College. He was in the general practice of law with the law firm of Smith, Ralston, Russell, and Wright from 1980 to 1983. He served as a constitutional county judge in Navarro County with both administrative and judicial responsibilities from 1983 to 1988. He was a senior partner with the firm of Linebarger, Goggan, Blair and Sampson from 1988 to 2013. While at this firm, he served on the Management Committee and supervised firm operations in six states in the Southeast United States and California, where he lobbied state and local governments. He is admitted to practice law in all Texas state courts.
Gary practices in the areas of probate, trusts, and commercial transactions. He speaks before organizations concerning his area of practice. He has served on the Board of Directors of the North Central Texas Council of Governments from 1978 to 1987, serving as President in 1986. He has also served on the Board of Directors of the Central Texas Economic Development District from 1986 to 1987. He is a member of the Sixth Congressional District Advisory Committee. He is active in the Republican Party, having served on the Ellis County GOP executive committee and chairing the Finance Committee. He currently chairs the Center for the Preservation of American Ideals and is the Treasurer of the Action Dallas Political Action Committee.
Gary is a Deacon at the First Baptist Church of Dallas, where he chairs the Ethics and Religious Liberty Ministry. He was selected as a member of the Outstanding Young Men of America in 1986 and is a member of Who's Who in Texas. He holds a commission from Texas Governor Bill Clements as an Admiral in the Texas Navy. He is a member of the Dallas Safari Club.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1980
- Austin College
- Honors: With Honors
- Deacon at the First Baptist Church of Dallas
- Member, Outstanding Young Men of America, 1986
- Member, Dallas Safari Club
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Business & Commercial Law
- Real Estate Law
- Texas, 1980
- Who’s Who in Texas
- Smith, Ralston, Russell, and Wright, 1980 to 1983
- Navarro County, Judge, 1983 to 1988
- Linebarger, Goggan, Blair and Sampson, Senior Partner, 1988 to 2013
- North Central Texas Council of Governments, Board of Directors, 1978 to 1987
- North Central Texas Council of Governments, President, 1986
- Central Texas Economic Development District, Board of Directors, 1986 to 1987
- Sixth Congressional District Advisory Committee, Past Member
- Center for the Preservation of American Ideals, Chair
- Action Dallas Political Action Committee, Treasurer